<VV> Crazy About Corvairs

Monza67@aol.com Monza67@aol.com
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:56:29 EDT

You know, I often struggle with why Corvairs are such a big part of my life.
I found another reason today to add to the list.
I drove my 66 convertible to the grocery store this morning with the top
down. It's a beautiful day and perfect weather for top down cruising. I pulled
into the parking lot and a beautiful old Jeepster pulled in next to me with the
top down. The driver said once he saw me, he knew he had to park next to me. We
exchanged 'Nice Car' and went our way.  When I exited the store, I saw a
forty something couple closely checking my car out. They had big smiles on their
faces and as I approached they said 'Nice Car' and we talked for a few minutes.
The lady said she had a Corvair when she was single and you could tell that
just by seeing my car, many pleasant memories came back to her. As she started
to walk away, with a smile on her face, she said to me...You know, those cars
really got a bum rap.
Not only do our Corvairs bring pleasure to us, they also seem to bring
pleasure to many that see us enjoying them.
Chuck
ACRGTOP - 66 A/C Convt
MONZA67 - 67 Monza
VAIRCRZ - Corvair/Spatz Dunebuggy