<VV> Seats

Marc Sheridan sheridanma@adelphia.net
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:25:51 -0400

Hank,
Don't know why you don't want to start a thread on seats, it is always
something I am interested in and it is Corvair related.

One of the best thing I ever did to my car was install  modern seats.
Mine are from a '95 Grand Am , have lumbar adjustment on the driver side
and only cost me thirty bucks for the pair. To prepare them for
installation, I took them to the local coin operated car wash, gave them
a good bath, then took the bases off so they could be painted. It only
took a couple of new holes in the floor to get them bolted in.

However, a word to the wise, if you have a two door, make sure your new
seats came from a two door. Otherwise, it can make it awkward to get in
the back seat if your seats came from a four door. Don't ask me how I
know :o).

Marc Sheridan