<VV> Eastern Rust, YES CORVAIR

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:24:35 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2004 8:21:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
flash@vicspdi.com writes:
I have seen many "no rust" eastern cars that
here we consider rust-buckets.

I seem to recall a few years ago that a fellow up in central or western
Canada had advertised a "Rust free Kentucky car" for sale... Kentucky has been
using salt for many moons, not just for roads, but naming places too (Salt River
runs through my old hometown of Shepherdsville, and the bison made paths for
the salt licks, so any place in KY with Lick in the name was a salt pit... but I
digress)... anyway, I contacted the fellow to ask him "where in Ky did he buy
it, and where did the car originally come from?" He told me Louisville, all
of it's life was in Louisville, and they don't use salt there... I informed him
he was mistaken, and that if someone told him that to get him to buy the car
then he had been lied to... can you believe the guy got mad at me? All I was
trying to do was set the fellow straight... WE DO USE SALT ON THE ROADS IN
KY!!!!!
Oh well... would I do it again? You BETCHA!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY (where they use SALT!)
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg