<VV> RE: Distributor Position

mopar@jbcs2.net mopar@jbcs2.net
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:05:02 -0400

Are you sure the harmonic balancer has not slipped?
2 piece balancer with a rubber between the 2 halves.....
Gary Swiatowy

From: "Ewell Mills" <emills5@cfl.rr.com>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:43:16 -0400
Subject: <VV> Distributor Position

I feel sure this has been covered many times, but I have a serious case of
CRS
(I'm old).
How does one get the distributor to turn a few degrees one way or the other
and still be able to properly set the timing?
My vacuum advance connection, where the vacuum hose connects, is right in
the
way of the A/C belt which grinds the hose away in short order when I have
the
timing set to 14% (110).  I tried rotating the wires one position and
resetting the timing, but I must have done something wrong, because I ended
back up where I started.  Thanks.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.

http://mail2web.com/ .