<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #962 - 8 msgs

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:01:50 -0700

I would say EXACTLY 60 degrees to get the same timing.  Interestingly the
instructions for installing the Judson mention doing exactly as I suggest
(moving the wires) on "early" 62 cars ... they say that the early 62 cars
have the vacuum advance facing the spare tire.  This would interfere with
the Judson install.  They say that later Corvairs have the vacuum advance
facing more towards the rear of the car.  Don't know if it is true -- only
that mine was facing more towards the spare and I moved it as they
suggest.  Seems to work fine.

At 04:21 PM 8/24/2004, djtcz@comcast.net wrote:
>  >snippety ...... My vacuum advance connection,
> > >where the vacuum hose connects, is right in the way of the A/C belt which
> > >grinds the hose away in short order when I have the timing set to 14%
> (110).
> >
>Is your distributor positioned like these?
>http://www.autocollections.com/image/cars/1960%20chevrolet%20corvair%20engine%20red.jpg
>http://www.ferrario.com/exotic/corvair/engine2.jpg
>http://dacc.provide.net/images/UserPhotos/corvair_engine.jpg
>If not, someone may have got the disitributor off a tooth or 2.  Rotating
>the heck out of the distributor >>MAY<< get it to run, but there is some
>danger the rotor is off index with the teminals on the inside of the cap.
>Jumping the plug wires over one hole means the distributor will have to
>move about 60 degrees.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html