<VV> Early Clock Conversion and Restoration

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:52:05 -0700

At 01:41 hours 08/25/2004 -0700, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
>Painting is easy.  Converting to quartz is sad.  There is a fellow in the
>Corsa Communique that restores those clocks.  Once done, they last very
>well.

Lew.    People should patronize his business or he might well decide to
retire...  can't have that.

>The sound alone is worth the price of keeping it original (the big
>click you get every so often).  If you do convert would you be willing to
>send me the "works" to use as spare parts?  Thanks.

I must admit that it's stylish to hear that "thump" behind the dash now and
then as the cocking solenoid does its job.   It adds to the authenticity of
the car.   And, these auto clocks are a marvel of engineering once you see
how they work...  including the automatic calibration mechanism that keeps
them accurate.

The clock in my Corsa dash stopped working...  I need to yank it out and
fix it..  OR just send it to Lew and have him do it.  He has parts... I
don't, have to fabricate stuff to fix dash clocks and it's a pain in the
ass.   When it comes time to fix the Corsa clock I'm likely to just send it
to him.

tony..