<VV> Re: Parts washers

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:01:14 -0400

Smitty says:  I made a cleaner about 10 years ago to clean the opened
axle bearings.  That old grease turned to soap takes forever to dissolve
out of there.  I used a 3 lb coffee can and one of those little black
plastic submersible water fountain pumps to make my cleaner.  It has a
semi rigid gooseneck spout to direct the flow where I want it.  Put the
flanged end of the axle in the bucket, set the spout, and let er run.
Oh. yes, I use gasoline for a solvent.  Ha! I can just hear everyone
sucking in their breath now.  I sit my contraption the full length of a
50 ft extension cord away from the house and I do all my plugging and
unplugging from the house end.  Every time I use it I expect that is the
time it will blow, but not so far.  Primary reason for revealing my sins
is to say the little plastic pump has shown no signs of deterioration in
the 10 years.