<VV> eBay Auction, Shipping to Canada/ebay

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:52:39 -0700

1) The higher the feedback number the better
2) The "percentage" is even more important
3) Check if it based upon SALES and not buying
4) Feel better if they take paypal or credit cards

If a seller has a rating of 5,000 with 100% positive feedback all for
sales, you can be pretty sure they are safe.

If a seller has a rating of 5,000 with 92% positive feedback, BEWARE.

If a seller has a rating of 5,000 with 100% feedback and you look at the
detail and it is all purchases be careful.

paypal and credit card companies have anti-fraud measures and some ways of
retaliating.  On a non-ebay mail order sale where I got ripped off I was
able to call the credit card company and cancel the payment.  Yes, a month
of hassle went by, but in the end I got my money.  If they only take
cash-type forms of payment, be careful.

I have found that if you email the seller and ask a question -- and for
expensive items, do it more than once -- you can get a good idea.  Abrupt,
rude answers, or no answer at all or inaccurate answers usually means to
avoid the seller.

At 01:30 PM 8/27/2004, corvairs wrote:
>This hasn't happened with our Corvair experiences but Linda does a lot of
>buying on ebay with her collectibles and it's a vicious jungle. Anyone who
>thinks that the simple platitudes about "feedback" "legal
>contracts"  "self policing" etc etc hold any water had better think twice.
>She has been reported for fraud (and shut down twice for over a week each)
>because she refused to pay a seller twice or three times. Each time the
>seller refused to deliver, claiming they didn't get thier money. Linda had
>paid once and received nothing so she sent another payment (took the
>seller's word that it had been "lost"). Seller still claimed it hadn't
>been received  herein Linda reported them to ebay wherein they filed a
>fraud complaint which shut HER down. While she was shut down she couldn't
>conduct any business or pursue the crooked seller. After hours and days of
>fooling around with ebay management she was reinstated, the seller cashed
>both checks sent nothing and is now probably logged in under a different
>name (REAL easy to do).
>
>There are many other horror stories but the gist is when these crooks get
>to know how ebay works real well they get away with murder. Lon
>
>Mike Kost wrote:
>
>>The last thing I bought on E-Bay I left a neutral feedback and the seller
>>retaliated and left a negative feedback on me. After that experience I am
>>tempted to not leave any feedback unless the service is either extremely
>>outstanding or so horrible to border on fraud.
>>
>>F P wrote:
>>
>>>Even if the seller leaves negative feedback and it is justified, some
>>>bidders will retaliate and leave negative feedback out of spite.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html