<VV> eBay Auction, Shipping to Canada

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:30:52 -0700

This hasn't happened with our Corvair experiences but Linda does a lot
of buying on ebay with her collectibles and it's a vicious jungle.
Anyone who thinks that the simple platitudes about "feedback" "legal
contracts"  "self policing" etc etc hold any water had better think
twice. She has been reported for fraud (and shut down twice for over a
week each) because she refused to pay a seller twice or three times.
Each time the seller refused to deliver, claiming they didn't get thier
money. Linda had paid once and received nothing so she sent another
payment (took the seller's word that it had been "lost"). Seller still
claimed it hadn't been received  herein Linda reported them to ebay
wherein they filed a fraud complaint which shut HER down. While she was
shut down she couldn't conduct any business or pursue the crooked
seller. After hours and days of fooling around with ebay management she
was reinstated, the seller cashed both checks sent nothing and is now
probably logged in under a different name (REAL easy to do).

There are many other horror stories but the gist is when these crooks
get to know how ebay works real well they get away with murder. Lon