<VV> Ebay Vendor

Anarchyburger@aol.com Anarchyburger@aol.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:20:50 EDT

As a regular vendor of Corvair parts both on ebay and in business
(California Corvairs), I would say that the investment of time listing/shipping  parts
on ebay negates any real profitability. However, I do strive to  list
desireable items, that in most cases, are either difficult to find or are  priced at a
special low "ebay price".  The main goal of any ebay  auction for me is to
advertise our wares and hopefully introduce our parts  and services to new
customers. To this end, I feel it's worth  it. Personally, I have never left
negative feedback for anyone and have  only received two misguided negative feedbacks
to which I replied  to defended myself. The negative feedback game can get
nasty and  out-of-hand quickly.
Shipping charges are not getting cheaper and I try to indicate that  cost in
the auction to avoid any confusion later. Many times I have  shipped an item
when the actual shipping costs were higher than what I  quoted and received.
Ebay continues to be a very competitive market  for selling Corvair parts and
since our involvement beginning in 1998, the  Corvair pages have significantly
increased. As a full-time Corvair parts  and service vendor with huge overhead
costs, I will never be able to compete  with the guy cleaning out his garage
or parting out a car in his backyard.  Tha's okay though. The Corvair
community is a truly good bunch of folks and  fair treatment of the customer is the
cornerstone of good  business.

 Thanks to everyone for your support.

 Jeff Williams
 California Corvair Parts, Inc.