<VV> roof line trim

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:36:34 -0400

This reply does not answer your question. It comments on your last remark,
about the "complete inside." It isn't clear whether you have INSTALLED this
new interior (if that's what you're talking about). If you haven't, DON'T
INSTALL IT UNTIL AFTER THE CAR HAS BEEN PAINTED. When you get your car
painted on the outside, it will be painted on the INSIDE, too, and I mean
the inside of the passenger compartment, the inside of the engine bay, and
the inside of the trunk. Even if they swear they won't. Mask EVERYTHING on
the interior that you don't want speckled with overspray. Do the same in the
trunk. As for the engine, you can't do that until the car is parked
permanently, so maybe you can't exactly do that. I'd still advice making
anything in the engine bay that you care about that CAN be masked with the
engine still runnable.
     I HOPE you haven't installed that new interior yet.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Dorairaj Isaac
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 3:53 PM
To: VirtualVairs
Subject: <VV> roof line trim

Hello all,
I am in the process of fixing a '62 4 door P/G 700.  I have the engine
running well.   The exterior of the car is very straight with negligible
rust.   The floors were all rusted out, and I have replaced with Clarks
floor pans.  I want to take the car in for painting.  I like to remove all
the trim.  My question is  "How easy is it to remove the trim on the roof
line?"  Do I need special tools to remove it?   I do not want to ruin the
trim which is in good condition.
I also have the complete inside from Clarks.
Any input on the removal of the trim will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Dorai <><