<VV> Jerry Thompson-James Reeve Yenko Stinger YS-005

WSan159401@aol.com WSan159401@aol.com
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 01:40:32 EDT

Yenko Stinger enthusiast,

I am the current owner of the above subject Yenko Stinger YS-005, and am
requesting your help in compiling the history of the car when owned and raced by
Jerry Thompson and James Reeve Jr.

I am hoping to locate S.C.C.A. records/race results from the years 1966,1967
and 1972 through 1977. If there is any information on the years 1968-1971 that
is also needed.

I know the car was raced at the 1966 ARRC at Riverside raceway, 1967 ARRC at
Daytona, and at the ARRC at Road Atlanta from 1972-1977. I have the log book
that shows all the races entered by James Reeve and myself.

The car is currently going through a rebuild and I want to take it to the
Corvair Society of America National Convention in Portland in 2005. Along with
the car I want to display as much history as possible. If there are SCCA,
Regional newsletters, National magazines or any other printed items with mention of
the car, such as race programs etc., you may have or know of please contact
me, contact information is at the bottom of this plea.

Pictures of the car in action or just sitting still are very much desired
along with any video that may be out there.

If any of you raced at the ARRC in the years the #005 did and have any of the
memoriblia that was given to the racers, that would be very welcome. I have
found a few patches on EBAY and am hoping to have a full set from the years the
car was raced at the runoffs. Also, desired are decals or patches from the
various race tracks at which Jerry and James raced the car.

I am willing to pay reasonable prices for items is need be but donation of
any would be appreciated to enable me to save the money to put into the Stinger.
Photo copies of articles with identification would be OK.

Please copy and / or print this letter and forward or distribute it to your
local Corvair club or SCCA regional newsletter to reach others who may be able
to help.

Thankyou for reading and helping to get YS-005 on the track again!

Bill Sanders                                            Home: 408-923-8134
14990 Freeman Avenue                            Work:  650-948-8801
San Jose, CA 95127                                 Fax:    650-948-9006
                                                              Email:
wsan159401@aol.com