<VV> Re: Turbo fuel return line

Robert Hawley iamrgh@charter.net
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:34:11 -0400

Howdy All,
    When I had my YH carb rebuilt by Grant Young (the "Carbmeister")  he
suggested replacing the needle and seat with a ball valve inlet to better
withstand the fuel issues inherent in not having a return line. I really did
not want to modify the car from original and dreaded installing the return
line kit.  I have also installed a pressure regulator (set at 3.5#) between
the filter and carb behind the air cleaner which was a very easy job.  I have
had no starting, drivability or fuel smell issues with this setup and would
highly recommend it.  HTH and happy Corvairing.
    Regards,  Robert Hawley (1963 Spyder convert/CORSA/West Michigan Corvair
Club)