<VV> DACC Homecoming

Clark Hartzel chartzel@comcast.net
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:33:16 -0400

Mother nature tried her best to wipe out this year's event with rain but we
did get it in.  Friday tour to the Ypsilanti museum.  Jack Miller was glad
to see the Corvair folks show up.  We had numerous CORSA officials present:
Sarah Jones (president), Scott Morehead (vice pres), Bill Hubbell
(secretary), Tony Vizyak (treasurer), Harry Jensen (executive secretary),
Mike McGowan (Communique editor), Pete Koehler (feature editor), Bob Norwalk
and Ray Fallot (recently retired concours chairmen), myself (museum curator)
and Pete Cimbala (museum operations mgr).
It rained hard Saturday morning but stopped in time to get the car show in.
Dick Shank won best of show with his recently restored yellow 1965
convertible.  Bill Wright was a close second with the CORSA raffle
convertible from Lexington.  61 Corvairs showed up.
Hit of the show was Marvin Granger's early sedan all painted and dressed up
as a police car with PA system, flashing lights and sound effects.  He
"arrested" Paul Piche for driving his Ultra van thru the awards
presentation.
Ken Pepke and crew did their usual outstanding job in the hospitality room
and nobody went away hungry.  We had a pizza party Saturday night and that
went over well just after the auction was completed.
We even had valve cover races in the rain Sunday morning.  It was too wet to
write results so we just played for an hour and had grudge races.
Clark Hartzel, DACC
---