<VV> Traitor in our midst - Board action requested

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:59:48 -0400

>> The problem that I hope would be brought to light is
>> that people who buy from the Corvair world and sell to
>> the Corvette world are making a bunch of bucks off the
>> Corvair people.

Major free market advocate here... of course those of you on VV talk already know that!

I think that Mark did the right thing in alerting us to the practice... so that we can make our own value
judgements on how much profit we're willing to "forego" on our own.  Education/information is a good
thing... nothing "sanitizes" a process like sunlight.

However, trying to force limits on behavior is not such a great idea.

I'd prefer to look at it from the other side... the '67+ tele columns are really NOT that rare since we
can use the ones from the Corvettes (just like "wood" wheels). Plenty of them out there... they're just
expensive... meaning the Corvair columns are dreadfully underpriced...

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD