<VV> Traitor in our midst - Board action requested

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:10:54 -0400

See comments in text:

Bill Elliott wrote:

> I think that Mark did the right thing in alerting us to the practice... so that we can make our own value
> judgements on how much profit we're willing to "forego" on our own.  Education/information is a good
> thing... nothing "sanitizes" a process like sunlight.

Thank you!

> I'd prefer to look at it from the other side... the '67+ tele columns are really NOT that rare since we
> can use the ones from the Corvettes (just like "wood" wheels). Plenty of them out there... they're just
> expensive... meaning the Corvair columns are dreadfully underpriced...
>
> Bill Elliott

Actually, no. Only SOME Corvair tele parts are applicable to Corvettes.
Those are scavengerized off the Corvair column and the rest thrown away.
I know this from talking to my Corvette friend, the one who wanted to
buy the column from me. THAT as much as anything should give you reason
enough NOT to sell anything like a tele column to a Corvette person.

-Mark