<VV> HACOA event

Terry Kalp tkalp@cox.net
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:04:06 -0500

Group,

Like Ned and Dennis, I also had a fantastic time at the Heart of America
Corvair Owners Association 40th birthday party. The weather was great, the
top was down on my '64 Convertible most of the weekend.  Dennis came in from
Colorado, but long distance went to a former president who drove his
Greenbrier in from South Carolina.

There is an excellent group of Corvair owners in KC with a wealth of
experiences, the stories kept me spellbound.  But the hightlight of the
weekend was beating Ned and Jim Dallas in the Funkhana . . .  Ned even had
to give up on his LM and drive an EM (I have photos) to be competitive.  It
was so close that we tied in scores, then had to have a run-off. Thank
goodness I has Kirk Eck as my co-pilot

Thanks again to the KC guys  . . .  I'll be back anytime you want to
celebrate a birthday.

Terry Kalp