<VV> Centermount fit question on an early?

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:03:21 EDT

Hi all. I recently sold an after-market one-piece centermount kit with a
Ford/Holley 350 2 BBL to a fellow with a 1963 convertible. He called to let me
know that it was "too tall." I was somewhat surprised, having sold many of these
without any complaints, but sent a converter intake pipe that was about an
inch shorter. This one gave him some more hood clearance, but he had to use a
regular insulator/spacer so it would clear the fan pulley. There is no hope for
an air cleaner without denting the hood support shell. Are there other early
owners out there with a similar clearance problem? If so, how did you fix it,
and if not, what could be wrong? Is it an issue with convertibles? Thanks,
Grant