<VV> Milk Floats (OT - was Traitor in our midst)

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:52:49 +0100

For those of you who missed Bill Elliott's reply to my email, a milk float
is an electric-powered milk delivery cart. They have almost died out now
(because door-to-door milk deliveries are dying out, as they did over there
about 40 years ago, I think - I know a guy in NC who collects milk ephemera,
and I think he said it was the mid-60s when they began to decline), but they
are way cool to look at.

There are good pix attached to the website Bill told you about
(http://www.milkfloats.org.uk/), but if anyone would like me to send them a
pic of what is in my opinion the coolest one of all, just ask and it will be
done...

Cheers

Alan