<VV> choosing rear end ratio

RKAT edbaloo@verizon.net
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:46:55 -0500

I have heard of the 4 spyder diff. How does it work? What is it's
purpose?

Thanks!

Ron Tinkham
http://www.ronsjeepjunk.4t.com/
Pine Tree Corvairs (in the works)
66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp
Maine

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Bill Elliott
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 6:28 PM
To: Neal; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> choosing rear end ratio

A 3.27 is an ideal ratio for a turbo. You lose a little on the low end,
but the midrange torque more than makes up for it.

You might consider having a 3.27 4 spyder diff built up for you. The
Vair Shop built one for me (for my yet-to-see -the-light-of-day turbo
project) and it was
surprisingly inexpensive. Cheaper than a 2 syder posi... and you don't
need a posi anyway.

Some guys run even steeper 3.08's, but I think a 3.27 is plenty.

Bill