<VV> choosing rear end ratio

aircooled6@prodigy.net aircooled6@prodigy.net
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 23:16:49 -0600

A long time ago (late 70s) I had a 64 spyder coupe and we put 3.27s in.
Yes, it made it slower on takeoff, but you could get boost at the top end of
2nd and then shift to third and mash it and there was instant boost for 3rd
and then fourth.  It was a great conversion and that was when I didnt know
much about keeping it running well.

I had lots of fun zipping down the on-ramps to I-35W in South Minneapolis
and Bloomington.  Surprised a few people in their BMWs and other "hot" cars,
too.  A vair engine under full boost is something to hear!

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX