<VV> Creeper crap

RKAT edbaloo@verizon.net
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:10:12 -0500

I absolutely love my Snap-On creeper. 6 wheels. Rolls smooth. Metal
frame has lowered sections for your arms, so your arms are not
constently hitting the creeper frame. Head rest rises and lowers. It
holds some ridiculous amount of weight, have seen people use these ones
to move engines around, although not recommended by Snap-On. I like
mine.

As far as lifts, a good two post type. We had Snap-On's small 'portable'
lift at work. Great for changing oil doing brake work etc... Not good
for doing anything under the center of the car as the lift took up the
complete center section. Couldn't do exhausts, etc....

Ron Tinkham
http://www.ronsjeepjunk.4t.com/
Pine Tree Corvairs (in the works)
66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp
Maine

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Hank Kaczmarek
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 7:37 AM
To: Virtualvairs
Subject: Re: <VV> Creeper crap

All
Harry is right here.
But if you need one cause you don't have the 2K for a lift, or some
place to
put it, Most of the Mechanics at the last dealership I worked with had
creepers off the tool trucks. Snap On, Mac, Matco, all offer several
designs, and if they begin to fall apart (which I have not seen) you can

hand it back to them for another.. Their seats with tool tray beneath
held
my 300 plus behind when I was dusting low shelves and preparing for
inventory. So check with your tool man for a creeper than wasn't made in

China.
Also a good source for High quality Jackstands, Floor Jacks,
etc..Pricey,
but they stand behind their stuff

Regards
HANK