<VV> Creeper crap

Clark Hartzel chartzel@comcast.net
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:50:50 -0500

Well guys and gals, after all my welding and installing "better" casters on
my POS Harbor Freight creeper, it doesn't work any better!  I can go in a
straight line but it refuses to go sideways or turn.  I guess I really need
to go on a diet!
I really liked the post on using a sheet of cardboard.  Free behind any
grocery store, furniture store, or on trash day. When you are done just
throw it in the garbage!
I wish I had the space in my garage for a 4-post lift.  I would never
consider a 2-post lift with a Corvair.  Frank Parker's Northstar V8 Corvair
fell off his 2-post lift ruining all his expensive body and paint work.  Too
dangerous for me.  The pads would have to go near the rear frame rail and
just behind the front bumper for any stability.  The balance point on a
Corvair is about a foot ahead of the rear wheels.  You should see me trying
to put my Corvair sand rail on jack stands.  I have to pile about 4 wheels
and tires on the front end to keep it down.  Really tail heavy.
Clark Hartzel
---