<VV> Buckeye State Deer

WH HiHal@adelphia.net
Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:04:22 -0500

This week is deer hunting season in Ohio. Both my son and grandson
already killed nice Bucks earlier in the week. I'm not a hunter myself
so my role is usually just to photograph theirs.

Yesterday morning though, my nice '69 Coupe took on a deer at 55 mph.
Damage to the car is a crumpled hood and the center sheet metal between
the headlights. This is my  fifth deer collision in the past 20 or so
years, but the first involving a Corvair. The '69 suffered less damage
than my Dodge Caravan did two years ago! That one cost me over $4000 to
get repaired.

Picture of the resulting damage available on request. Picture of the
deer also, if you are really interested.

Wade Halsey (down to one driveable Corvair now)