<VV> Finds we've found.... good & bad

Rick Loving ral1963@earthlink.net
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 10:52:07 -0500

I once bought, and dragged home 4 vairs from a guy who needed them out
of his barn.

One of the cars was a 68 vert, when I got it home and started cleaning
it out I found one of the owner's cats.

It was down in the drivers side rear passenger foot area.  It was curled
up, resting peacefully under the vert top cover which was laying down
behind the drivers seat.

Of course, when I say peacefully, I mean as "Rest in piece" as it was
just residual fur and bones curled up in sleeping position.

The owner told me that it had been a while since he drove the car, I
guess it had been longer than I thought....

Two other good finds was my 63 Spyder, the PO had swapped the turbo for
2 barrel center mount.  I bought the car from pictures and drove 800
miles to pic it up.  In the pictures the vert top cover was in trunk,
when I got there I found the turbo parts under the top cover in the
bottom of the trunk.  The PO hadn't mentioned that he still had them...

My 64 coupe yielded a pair of absolutely 100% perfect black 64 belts
from under the rear seat.  They were rolled up nicely and wrapped in
cloth and put under the rear seat.  My guess is that they were never
used as they are absolutely in perfect condition.  I would guess that
they were rolled up and forgotten about.

I owner the car about a month before I found them.....

Rick Loving