<VV> Good News on Postage

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:32:19 EST

In a message dated 12/5/04 4:48:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
GYoungwolf@aol.com writes:

I  thought I would never see the day that the US Postal Service offered a
reduced shipping cost on something, but it has arrived. The USPS has just
come out
with two new one-rate priority mail containers, and the larger of  the two is
just right for a pair of carburetors! The rate for the box  (regardless of
weight) is only $7.70. I have ordered a bunch of them, and  thought others
would
like to know. I think the savings on shipping an 8 LB  box is going to be
from
about $2 to $15 per carb order depending on the  distance. This is
considerably
better than UPS and Fedex, who have both  recently announced 4-5% increases
in
addition to adding another fuel  surcharge.
The Carbmeister

I'm amazed

Tim  Abney

Proud Member of
United  Steelworkers of America, Local 7600
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow

Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member  Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN -  1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C.  President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting  restoration

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of steelworkers%20logo.jpg]