<VV> Changing the color of vinyl

Marc Sheridan sheridanma@adelphia.net
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:31:41 -0500

A while back, I asked the list about changing the color of my black dash
pad to red. The replies weren't very promising and the response I got
from Dupli-color was that their product is not meant to change colors,
only renew them.

Well, I decided to go with the Eastwood product that did promise to make
a permanent color change on vinyl. Today I used their Portola Red vinyl
paint on my black dash pad and so far, I am happy with the results.

It took a while, using the vinyl prep from Eastwood, to get the surface
prepared. Once that was done, I shot several coats with the red paint
and it did cover the black very nicely. Using the sample red vinyl from
Clarks, the finished color is only very slightly lighter than the
sample. Of course durability of both the paint and color are yet to be
determined, but so far I am happy with the results.

As a side note, Eastwood has 10% off all orders this month, so if you
are considering any of their products, you may want to order them soon.

Marc Sheridan