<VV> Headlight aiming

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:19:51 -0500

There are a couple of ways.

One is to sight them in by hand (search the web for a procedure to do this... European lights don't have the little nubs on them so this is the only way to do
it.) You'll need a flat parking space about 30' deep and a wall. I usually do it against the garage door at home, but with a sloped driveway you may want to
head down to a Walmart!

Second way is to buy a headlight leveler. Little plastic thing that you hold up against the headlamp numbs. Most are correctable for sloped ground, but still
best to do it level. You'll still have to do the left-right by hand, but this will get the vertical right. Used to be sold at all FLAPS for $5-10... I see them often at
yard sales for a buck or less.

Bill