<VV> Media blasting

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:48:03 -0500

Cecil,

I had my '65 Corsa coupe media blasted and it worked great.  Stripped the
car without all the nasty chemicals, left nice clean metal, and no panel
warpage.

I am in the process today of making arrangements for media stripping the
Corsa convertible and I hope to drop the car off sometime in the next week.
Of course there will additional Turbo Odyssey updates as the work
progresses.

In terms of what prep you need to do, it depends upon what you are trying to
accomplish.  My attitude is that if you are going to the trouble of
stripping the car, why not make it worth your while and remove as much as
possible?  I think for these purposes, it's easier to tell you what I left
IN than what I took OUT.  Here's the IN crowd:

Body wiring harness
Steering column and wheel
Dash wiring harness
Brake system
Suspension, dummy powertrain for rear
Door and hood latches (for ease of transport)
Shifter

There are a couple other minor items that remained in place, but that is
basically it. If you wanted to deliver the hood, engine lid and doors
already off the car, I am sure that the stripper would appreciate it.

For more detail on what I have done to prep the car, review the Turbo
Odyssey posts.

Regards,

Norm Witte