<VV> RE: State Inspection Wars

mopar@jbcs2.net mopar@jbcs2.net
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:25:16 -0500

Having a State inspection license for many years, I have seen my share of
vehicles which were "death on wheels". And I have heard every excuse in the
book as well, I'll fix it later, I'm getting rid of it soon, I can't afford
to fix it now, it's not that bad, you just want to rip me off.

Many people didn't want an inspection, just wanted a sticker. Bald tires,
brakes metal on metal, leaky lines, failing tie rods, bad ball joints, and
cars rotted so bad they are breaking in half.

Put a sticker on one of those, and youare now criminally liable if they
kill themselves or someone else.

Many years ago, people would offer me $20 for a sticker when an inspection
was $4. I told them it would take $200 for a sticker. If the car is too bad
to fix, make it worth my while...........

Gary Swiatowy

From: WadeHalsey <HiHal@adelphia.net>
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> State Inspection Wars

Tony Underwood wrote:

I graduated from high school in '56. One of the local guys went to work
in Detroit for the summer and came home with a '51 Chevy in primer that
he paid $50 for. There was no way it would pass state inspection so the
guy came up with the perfect solution----he went to the wrecking yard
and bought a 51 Chevy windshield with a recent sticker on it and swapped
windshields! A couple weeks later he took off for Florida in it and
broke down along the way. He pushed the car off the road, took off his
license tag, and hitchhiked on to Florida.

Wade Halsey

http://mail2web.com/ .