<VV> EUM Cruise

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 05:45:10 -0500

All

I haven't been driving the EUM too much, but necessity bore out yesterday.
Wife called from work on Monday (50 miles away), said car turns over won't
start (03 Alero w/56K miles).  AAA service truck out there looking.  Told her
to tell the guy to take a rubber mallet and thump the bottom of the gas tank
about 25 times, and then start it.

It works----Bad Fuel Pump Module  Assembly.  Thank God there's 5K miles left
on the GMPP warranty.  Damn thing costs 400 plus, and 2 hours labor to change.
Tow truck driver comes anyway and tows to Lincolnton Chevy Dealer ( Thank God
for Gold AAA Card, 50 mile tow).  They put a new one in.  200 deductible, for
customer pay it a 679.00 job parts and labor.  Got a Fuel Filter Change, Oil
Change and Inspection while it was there.

  Yesterday, Wanda has my Ranger truck, Service closes at 5, Wanda doesn't get
to Lincolnton until about 5:30 and my son (Alcohol Boy, has had license 90
days since age 17 and he's 24 next month) needs ride to work.  So EUM fires up
for the trip.

After dropping off Alcohol Boy, go to Chevy dealer to pay bill and pick up
key, can get car later (lincolnton dealers do not chain or use gates, can go
anytime to pick up even after closing).

Parked EUM in Service Lane, walked into office and asked kid service writer
"Wanna try and tune it up??".  Kid says, "it isn't a Chevrolet!"  Older writer
(saw it drive in) smacks kid on shoulder and says, get your ass out there and
look!!

I head to cashier, laughing....come back out and there are over a dozen
Technicians, salesmen, customers and the kid service writer out there with the
engine lid up.....Only impressive looking part of the car thus far.  Have
"ULTRA"  seats Covered with old blankets.  Kid got educated.  Dealer comes out
( a Vair collector, he has 2 really nice ones, I have known him for a while),
tells me he would like to put it in Showroom with pictures when done along
side his 53 Vette.)

Fire up EUM and blast back down driveway, Feeling good for first time this
week.

HANK