<VV> Cheap tool sets - such a deal!

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 19:00:28 EST

In what some might call a strange character flaw, I am an enthusiastic
student of cheap tool sets. (Well, that might be a bit of a stretch) At any rate, I
like to carry tools when I'm running around and it's a pain to keep moving the
toolbox from car to car.  I just know I will be running errands and some
stupid thing will conk out.  A mechanic without a screwdriver is no better off
than a cat with mittens.  So, given this interest, I have been shopping for a
cheap tool set to supplement the two I already have.  The problem is that the
tool sets usually have a really, fundimentally, stupid selection of impliments.
(three or four ways to turn a 5/16" nut, for example.   Today, I ran across a
pretty good one.  At Sears, until 12/11, they have a Companion (chinese) set
for $19.95.  Covers both metric and US, full polish ratchet, lotsa sockets, mag
pickup tool, side cutters, needle nose, yadda yadda, yadda.  I will add: 6"
3/8" extension, 13/16" plug socket, and a 3/4 end wrench. The finish and quality
is nice, not like cheap tools of the past. I bought three sets. Sears claims
the regular price is $49.95  Find at Sears.com item #30485 Know of any better
sets/deals?
Craig Nicol