<VV> Cheap tool sets - such a deal!

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:22:28 -0500

At 07:00 PM 12/9/2004, NicolCS@aol.com wrote:
>In what some might call a strange character flaw, I am an enthusiastic
>student of cheap tool sets. (Well, that might be a bit of a stretch) At
>any rate, I
>like to carry tools when I'm running around and it's a pain to keep moving
>the
>toolbox from car to car.  I just know I will be running errands and some
>stupid thing will conk out.  A mechanic without a screwdriver is no better
>off
>than a cat with mittens.  So, given this interest, I have been shopping for a
>cheap tool set to supplement the two I already have.  The problem is that the
>tool sets usually have a really, fundimentally, stupid selection of
>impliments.
>(three or four ways to turn a 5/16" nut, for example.   Today, I ran across a
>pretty good one.  At Sears, until 12/11, they have a Companion (chinese) set
>for $19.95.  Covers both metric and US, full polish ratchet, lotsa
>sockets, mag
>pickup tool, side cutters, needle nose, yadda yadda, yadda.  I will add: 6"
>3/8" extension, 13/16" plug socket, and a 3/4 end wrench. The finish and
>quality
>is nice, not like cheap tools of the past. I bought three sets. Sears claims
>the regular price is $49.95  Find at Sears.com item #30485 Know of any better
>sets/deals?

Craig:

Just picked up a clearance item at our local Sears - a 66 piece Companion
tool set with a really nice black rolling tool chest.  The chest has a
divided flat top working surface that slides open to a very large storage
space and two tool drawers with the fitted tools.  Reduced from some
inflated price to $66.  Such a bargain.   :)
Model 30066.

Ken