<VV> Turbo Odyssey Part 10 -- Top Down Cruise

Ken Campbell deltainc@grm.net
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 06:51:34 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman C. Witte" <ncwitte@wittelaw.com>

 daughter Allison came out at just the perfect moment for that last
> boost up the ramps and the car was on the trailer.  Dad used to work Mom
> pretty hard cutting firewood and such and I think having her help made the
> task easy.
> Here are some pictures of the car after strapping it down.  A friend of
mine
> borrowed my trailer and got it muddy, but I will probably survive.
**************
About 1977 I bot a used 3 head hydraulic tracer bridgeport, and had to move
it to my shop ...  4 x 6 x 8 ft of cast iron .... hmmm ... so I invested
about $150 in a 12 volt come along winch, wired the winch to the front of
the trailer, hooked it to the 12 volt with some long jumper cables .... I
hired 2 guys to pray for me, poured grease on the ramps, and shizam pulled
her right up on the trailer.

Since then it has been worth it's weight in gold for some short notice
duties ... amazing what a little 3/16 cable will pull when the roads are
icy, greasy, etc.  This thing weighs about 30 lbs, and I bet that harbor
freight or your local tractor supply has one on sale occasionally for $98 or
so ... you don[t need the HD warne Pro-rockclimber winch to do a lot of
handy things .
Just a thought ... ken campbell, iowuh
Hey, you got your tow truck on the wrong end of that trailer in the ephotos
...  if the engine is in the vair... (g)
******
reminds me of the winch scene in the movie " the gods must be crazy I " ...
heh heh