<VV> RE: Cheap Tools

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:35:10 -0500

Excellent advice!

In addition, your local Sears manager has some discoutn ability as well.  A few months ago, Sears had their low end rolling tool chest (3 pieces) on sale for
like $200 (normally something like $300). Of course, I missed the sale.

Nearly a month later, I was in my local Sears drooling over tools when the kid working in the section came over to ask if he could help. (Service? In this day
and age?) I laughed and told him I'd missed the sale and would just wait until the toolbox went on sale again... he went and got the manager who honored
the old expired Tool Club sale price for me!

I love Sears! Their tools may not be of MAC/Snap On quality, but they're better than a hack like me deserves! ;-)

Bill Elliott

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:22:13 -0800 (PST), Frog Princezz wrote:

>Hey all
>Just in case I wasn't the last to know, Sears/Craftman has a tool club.  It's free and you get 10% off your Craftman tool purchases.  You can log on to the
Sears or Craftman website and find out how to join.  I just purchased two Craftman shop work lights while on sale plus the extra 10%, the lights are normally
$30 each I got two for under $40 after taxes.  Yeah 10% isn't much but every little bit helps right. When I first got my car days later I bought my first tool set
a Craftman 96 piece mechanics set normally $80 on sale for $60 plus the extra 10% which really works out to only 4% because Michigan has 6% sales tax
but still I was able to treat myself to some ice cream with the savings.