<VV> RE: Cheap Tools NO CORVAIR

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:15:27 -0500

One of my Craftsman tools is a bit of an oddity, in my experience (it's a
brake-bleeder wrench). On the other side of the tool from Craftsman is cast
(the tool is a casting) Made in Japan - a rarity in its own right, nowadays
(the tool is over ten years old). While I associate Craftsman with Made in
USA, I'm not sure they actually advertise that as a characteristic of all
their offerings. Clearly NOT, in this case.
     It's a good tool, suitable for use on my Corvair, as it is denominated
in INCHES.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Bill Elliott
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 11:35 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> RE: Cheap Tools

Excellent advice!

In addition, your local Sears manager has some discoutn ability as well.  A
few months ago, Sears had their low end rolling tool chest (3 pieces) on
sale for
like $200 (normally something like $300). Of course, I missed the sale.

Nearly a month later, I was in my local Sears drooling over tools when the
kid working in the section came over to ask if he could help. (Service? In
this day
and age?) I laughed and told him I'd missed the sale and would just wait
until the toolbox went on sale again... he went and got the manager who
honored
the old expired Tool Club sale price for me!

I love Sears! Their tools may not be of MAC/Snap On quality, but they're
better than a hack like me deserves! ;-)

Bill Elliott