<VV> Rarest Corvair

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:11:13 -0500

I think those numbers are pretty accurate.

But rarety alone doesn't mean value... though if all were trying to prove is that the Ebay ad is literally incorrect, then it is.

That doesn't change the fact that a '66 turbo vert is worth more than the rarer '69 vert.

Using 'Cuda numbers as an extreme example, Plymouth made over 58,000 Baracudas (of this number a bit over 22,000 were 'Cudas)  in 1970.

The rarest version was the Gran Coupe Convertible at 596 cars. Next rarist is the 'Cuda convertible at 635 units)  By comparison, they made a boatload of
AAR Cudas (2724).

So which would you guess is more valuable? Which would YOU rather have?

IMO a 1969 convertible is one of the most collectable Corvairs, but it is eclipsed in value by the 1966 Turbo 'vert, 1965 Turbo vert, 1966 Corsa convt with
AC, and the 1964 Spyder... all of which  (except the AC car) are more numerous . (This is my opinion; I don't have the most recent price guides to
compare.) Only thing worth more would be the Stingers...

I think the relative values of the cars have changed over the past 15 years or so as the audience leans more towards the "sporting" Corvairs.

Bill Elliott