<VV> Now Classification/Rarity

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:02:04 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: <RoboMan91324@aol.com>
<Smit>
> turbo option is more valuable than the 140.  All of these variations show
up
> either in the VIN or the build plate so they can be documented.  To
further my
> point, I have a '66 Corsa turbo hardtop made in Canada.  I believe that
> around 143 of these were made and only 60 some convertibles were made.
<UnSmit>

There may be a more accurate number somewhere, but we know 682 Corsa coupes
were made in Canada in '66 and 211 cvt's. (inc. complete knockdowns for
export)
AND that 237 turbo options were installed, SO
if we do a straight ratio
(237/(682+211))*682=+/- 181 turbo coupes
(237/(682+211))*211=+/- 56 turbo cvt's
The chances are, though, that the numbers were skewed towards convertibles,
because generally buyers who want the turbo and can afford it probably want
the convertible too, along with everything else.<G>

yea, Vairily ... Shaun
'64 CDN Spyder cvt. (1 of 154)