<VV> Rarity of various Corvairs!!!! very long

Les corvair@mts.net
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:31:44 -0600

Message: 6
From: "Bigwave Dave" <thebigwave@comcast.net>
To: <VirtualVairs@corvair.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 19:00:56 -0800
Subject: <VV> Rarity of various Corvairs!!!!  very long

Well after all the talk about which Corvair is rarer, I have decide to post my
article about Corvair rarity on this list. Numbers that are estimates use
ratios of known production numbers to arrive at the estimates. Some of the
numbers I've seen posted are just plain wrong. Cut and save!  Enjoy!

Bigwave Dave Trull
<<big snip>>
HOW RARE IS IT? ( total Canada production = 48297 ) 1960 - 66

Canadian produced Corvairs
<<little snip>>
1965 Corsa 140 Conv (Canada)            243
<<last snip>>
* Regarding how the estimated values were derived. Estimates involve only the
breakdown of  Turbo vs. 140 cars in the Corsa model. The only known value for
Canadian built Corsa Turbos  is the 117 value for the 1965 Corsa Convertibles.
This number was blessed by GM Canada.
My restoration package from GM for my Canadian 1965 Corsa 140 convertible shows 321 as "number produced for sale in Canada (Same model # only)". Wonder if the 321 figure includes cars built in US for sale in Canada?

Les