<VV> Corvair powered military....

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:21:19 EST

In a message dated 12/10/2004 10:48:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ral1963@earthlink.net writes:

JR, I  had the pic's of the Dyna track from the earlier Ebay auction and
these  pic's of the Gamma goat test bed.  I assume that this is what  lclc
(lower case larry claypool, owner of the Vair shop who only types  in
lower case) showed at the meeting that you were referring  to..

Rick Loving

Actually, the film may have been about the Rampside-based AGL - The
prototype was built by GM in California. It had a detachable rear cargo trailer  -
Although it really could not be driven anywhere without it. There was a  Gama
Goat film too. Beyond these, Lockheed made an 8-wheel, twin-140HP  Corvair
powered vehicle, called the Twister. That one was a hoot, and held the  speed record
at a Nevada off-road proving ground for many years. I have a  Twister drivers
license somewhere! - Seth Emerson (FMC - M113 Marketing manager  -in the
early 80's)