<VV> Rarity of various Corvairs!!!! very long

Mike Stillwell yenko117@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:36:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Bruce Schug <bwschug@charter.net> wrote:
> As for Bob Dunahugh's "rarest" '69 Stinger, it, of
> course was built by  Don Yenko, not Chevrolet.
It is no more rare than Jeff Barrett's Lost
> Cause which is also a one-of-a-kind
> aftermarker-modified Corvair. In
> fact, the 'Cause is in a way MORE rare, as there
> were many other
> Stingers, just not '69's.
> Bruce

 The special part about Stingers was Chevrolet's
involvement. The COPO - Central Office Production
Order - was what Chevrolet set-up, starting with the
'66 Stingers (I think) to allow dealers to order
special performance oriented cars. While the '69 Yenko
is not a COPO car, most of the Yenko built cars are.
The most desirable American made cars of that era,
from GM, are the COPO cars. The Camaros, Chevelles and
Novas currently trade for the value of a good starter
home. Chevrolet new full well that these were to be
high performance machines, and that is what made them
special. In fact - stage 1 cars came with a factory
warranty.

 Mike
 YS-117, YS-025