<VV> RE: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1468 - 9 msgs

Anderson, Dwight M danderson@qcsd.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:09:29 -0500

Hello,
   After reading the posts about plugs and ignitions, I have a question regarding Petronix ignitions. I have hooked 12 volts to my unit as instructed. On my Dad's Spyder I was temporarily hooking 12V from the battery and it worked fine(of course it would not shut off). One day I happened to start it just with voltage from the coil and I was surprised it started. I did not have a meter so I do not know if the coil voltage is actually 12V on the Spyder or if I am lucky(or unlucky as I understand that it should not run on less than 12V). Is there a resistor wire in the coil feed? Also on my 140 Corsa with Petronix, the tach needle floats around like it would if there was a problem with the points. There is no running problem when this occurs, but it makes me think maybe one is coming. Any thoughts?
																	Thank you,
																	Mitch Anderson