<VV> Need help with Automatic Trans

Ebarr19@aol.com Ebarr19@aol.com
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:40:35 EST

Hi all
  I have the powertrain out of my 1963 GEEZER autocross car changing a few
things to make it a SUPER-GEEZER while staying in same class. Its an Automatic
(Which I like even if its slow at the start) and I am changing the Front Pump
Shaft as the spline that goes into the Converter is worn. My problem is
removing the cover from the case. The manual says to use slide hammers and a front
pump adapter (J-6585-3 ) Is there some other way as I don't have the adapters, I
do have a slide hammer.
 Thanks in advance
  Gene Barr
  P.S.-  Keep the 19th & 20th of march open for the SECC Autocross in St
Augustine Fl. the same place we used last month for the Central Florida Corvair
Affair autocross.