<VV> Red color opinions

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:49:20 EST

Dave, at the risk of a flame, I'll say that the original "Regal Red" doesn't
hold a candle to Torch red.  I''m not famaliar with Victory red though. "Regal
Red is shaded and leans toward blue.  All by itself it looks OK, but when you
put next to one of the other choices, it pales.  My personal favorite reds
are the Probe's (93) Rio Red - it's a tri coat that looks like wet plastic, and
Torch red.  If you want a good nostalgic red, '65 Corvette "rally red" has a
great hue without any special effects. I have had all of these colors on
various cars (plus Hank's mid-80s Mercedes red which is good too).  Most red-lovers
go gaga when they see the hue on my '66: Rio red
(Fuscia primer, red base, red-tinted clear, clear clear).  Torch, Mercedes,
and Rally are much simpler and can be done in one or two stage paints.
HTH, Craig Nicol

<snip>
I want to paint my 66 Corsa convertible in a really rich, hot looking red
color.  I have not seen the original factory "Regal Red" up close and personal,
so I'm asking those of you who have, whether that color competes favorably
with, say, the "Torch Red" or "Victory Red" that is sported by Corvettes and
Mustangs these days. <unsnip>