<VV> Red color opinions

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:05:31 -0800

At 05:49 hours 12/16/2004 -0500, NicolCS@aol.com wrote:
>Dave, at the risk of a flame, I'll say that the original "Regal Red" doesn't
>hold a candle to Torch red.  I''m not famaliar with Victory red though.
"Regal
>Red is shaded and leans toward blue.  All by itself it looks OK, but when
you
>put next to one of the other choices, it pales.  My personal favorite reds
>are the Probe's (93) Rio Red - it's a tri coat that looks like wet
plastic, and

Plain old fashioned '60-'61 GM Roman Red isn't too shabby either.

>Torch red.  If you want a good nostalgic red, '65 Corvette "rally red" has a
>great hue without any special effects. I have had all of these colors on
>various cars (plus Hank's mid-80s Mercedes red which is good too).  Most
red-lovers
>go gaga when they see the hue on my '66: Rio red
>(Fuscia primer, red base, red-tinted clear, clear clear).  Torch, Mercedes,
>and Rally are much simpler and can be done in one or two stage paints.

If you wanna get insane with red, consider Guards Red, seen on some
Porsches.... looks like neon.    Painful in direct sunlight.   Never hide
anywhere.   Birds, livestock, small children and sensitive women will swoon
and retreat from the glow in fear when you appear from around the corner.

It's kinda bright red.

tony..