<VV> Purchased Clark's Aluminum Housing Rebuildable Rear Bearings... Question

Joe West joew@diveaz.com
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:43:05 -0700

Hi,

I purchased Clark's rebuildable aluminum housing rear bearings for the rear
suspension rebuild I am doing.  I'm planning on pressing the bearings on
today, and was wondering if there was anything I need to be aware of before
I press the bearings on.  Clark's instructions seem to be pretty decent, but
perhaps there are some caveats I need to be aware of.

Also.. There are two flat plates that are held on by the four bolts and nuts
that hold the rear brake backing plates on.  I assume that I need to install
these plates just as they were installed with the factory bearings... The
only reason I'm asking is because the Clark's bearing "looks" thicker and I
want to make sure that I'm not supposed to leave off these two flat plates.

Thanks in advance!

Joe West