<VV> 1964 Convertible for sale

Dave Morris "BigD" BigD@DaveMorris.com
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:21:04 -0600

While I was offloading my Corsa from the auto transporter, a guy named
Curtis drove up and asked me if I wanted "another one of those".  Turns out
it was not a Corsa, but a 64 convertible sitting behind his house that he
wanted to get rid of for about $600 or so.  I told him no I didn't want it,
but I would come out and take pictures of it, and let you guys know, in
case someone is looking for something like this.

The photos are here:
http://www.davemorris.com/PhotoViewer.cfm?Subdirectory=Corvair%2064%20Convertible

The car is in many ways in good shape.  The upholstery looks to be in great
shape, as do the insides of the doors and the instrument panel and the
trunk.  There is some rust, some of it bad, and the driver's side floorpan
has rusted through.  But it's a Texas car and so the rust does not seem
excessive.  The glass appears to be all intact.  The guy said the engine
ran about a year ago, but he has taken the air filter off and allowed it to
become neglected, as you can see in the photos.  The rag top needs
replacing, but the mechanism still works fine.  The car has new tires and
rolls and steers fine.  The trunk is full of junk, but I didn't see any
rust in it.  It's a manual (I think 4spd), and the shifter has been
removed, but he has all the parts.

Basically I am not in a position to warrant anything as to the condition of
the car, and I present the photos here in case someone is
interested.  Curtis is a mechanic and works on a lot of other kinds of cars
but he just wants to get rid of this one.  It has a clear title belonging
to his friend who basically gave it to him to store for him in hopes that
he would get it running for free.  It's been sitting there for a year or
more, and he doesn't think he needs any more freebie projects.

If you like what you see, get in touch with me privately and I'll give you
Curtis's phone number so you can work out details with him.  I drive past
his house every weekend to go work on my airplane and my Corsa, so if you
need photos of anything specific, I can arrange to do that.  Curtis lives
in Roanoke, Texas, which is north of Fort Worth, and about 3 miles East of
the Texas Motor Speedway.

Regards,

Dave Morris