<VV> Saddle Interiors

Ken Maxwell kobramax@insightbb.com
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:59:10 -0500

Hi Gang!

According to my 1965 dealer showroom album, the following colors were
available with saddle interior: Tuxedo Black, Ermine White, Medeira Maroon,
Sierra Tan, Cameo Beige and Cypress Green. You could also get saddle with two
tone combinations on four doors of Sierra Tan/Cameo Beige and Cypress
Green/Cameo Beige (First color body/Second Roof).

It is interesting to note that the saddle interior almost made it into
production on the 1966 models, but was dropped at the last minute. My 1966
showroom album has an "Important color & fabric revisions" card that states
"Corsa and Monza - Saddle vinyl interior cancelled". The color and interior
chart actually shows that saddle would have been available on the following
colors in 1966: Tuxedo Black, Ermine White, Madeira Maroon and Cameo Beige. It
would also have been available on the 4-doors in the Sandalwood Tan/Cameo
Beige two tone combination. This was apparently a last minute decision to drop
saddle (cost cutting?) and there is a beautiful picture in the album of a
Ermine White 140 HP Corsa convertible with top down showing the saddle
interior. The interior swatches show the saddle sample and states that it is
code "C".

Saddle has always been a favorite interior color of mine (it looks great in
Spyders) and some day I would love to build a 66 with an actual 66 saddle
interior (Clarks will make you one on a special order basis).

Ken Maxwell
Snowy Louisville, KY
(2) 69 Convertibles (rust challenged)