<VV> Portland autocross

Bob Earls corvairdude@comcast.net
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:29:58 -0800

Greetings, all.  Well, we waited as long as possible until it was etched in
stone:  Portland International Raceway is officially booked for the American
LeMans Series the last weekend of the convention, and they want the track from
Wednesday-on.  Our autocross is Thursday, July 28th.  The NECC time trials
will take place there as scheduled on Monday, July 25th.

The autocross will be run in the parking lot of the Portland Convention
Center, which is next door to PIR (which, coincidentally, is literally a
stone's throw from the Double Tree Hotel where the convention is).  The SCCA
will be doing the timing and officiating.  It will be a slow but challenging
course (1st/2nd gear).  Hopefully, those with the need for speed will get it
out of their systems on Monday.

More details as we progress...

Bob in Portland

        "Cogito eggo sum"