<VV> Re: Windshield Washer Fluid (Now cleanser?)

Bowtie Guy bowtieguy@cox.net
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:27:44 -0800

Bon Ami, whether in bar form or cleanser (they are the same formula) cleans
glass and leaves an anti-fog coat too. The cleanser is available at your local
grocery store. The bar form has been discontinued but can be found on Ebay or
at a web store called "5 and 10". I am still working with the bar I bought in
1990 and we have four cars, including a '57 Chevy and a '64 Monza convertible.
It cleans many surfaces without scratching.

Bob Vukas
bowtieguy@cox.net
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RoboMan91324@aol.com
  To: virtualvairs@corvair.org ; bowtieguy@cox.net
  Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 10:50 AM
  Subject: Windshield Washer Fluid (Now cleanser?)

  Bob,

  If memory serves me, Bon Ami Cleanser has an abrasive in it.  Granted, it is
a milder abrasive than most cleansers but I would still never use it on glass
or painted surfaces on a car.  Am I wrong about this?  Certainly, I would use
an appropriate polishing compound for scratches and such but a cleanser for
anti fog?  Is there a Bon Ami cleaner (not cleanser) that you are talking
about?

  Doc (Inquiring minds want to know.)
  In a message dated 12/22/2004 6:57:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,